Wednesday 6 November 2013

I Cheated Myself

I've been eating clean for a week and a bit now and I've been feeling great. I've been waking up to eat breakfast, I've also made myself lunch and been drinking copious amounts of water however today I cheated myself. I didn't buy a pack of rolls from Tesco's to make my cheese rolls, nor did I buy a bag of bananas to accompany my lunch or ever the 12pk of water bottles. I've been so used to spending no money that it was hard to make up my mind when it came to eat something, would I go to McDonald's -using a voucher where you get a burger and fries for £2.00gbp or was I going to treat myself to something 'clean' and 'healthy' which may have cost me more than a working weeks worth of rolls.

I walked out of work and flirted with the prospect of going to McDonald's for a split second but I figured that since I was going to 'junk it out' and get dirty, I had to do it right. I thought about how great Burger King's 'King Of The Day' offer and visualised getting my teeth into a Whopper. I arrived to find the Chicken Royale on the menu and ordered the meal for £3.99gbp -the clerk asked me whether I wanted to go large and I gladly accepted. My total order was £4.40gbp -a total of two days packed lunch.

My Tuesday Cheat Meal

When I got back into work I started to feel seedy, I had made a covenant with the universe that I wouldn't eat dirty. How can I justify my actions, my motive for eating clean was to be done in the grand scheme of becoming healthier?
I then reassured myself that I had done well to get this far and to save as much as I did over the past week and a bit. If I were to add up what I used to spend compared to what I saved, I saw it as something to celebrate, a cheat day if you will.

Just because I had a cheat day today, it made me realise how important preparation is and probably the importance of following my instincts -even if it was to purchase the rolls on the route home for lunch the next few days.

I faltered after ten days, let's see if I can get to twenty...

Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your point of view.